Boxee Remote – remote control for Boxee Home theater
This is a simple remote for Windows Mobile devices that allows you to operate basic program functions using a wireless connection (WiFi or cellular).
* Navigation mode: up, down, left, right, select, back, home and exit
* Play mode: play, pause, stop, rewind, forward, previous, next, volume up, volume down, mute
* Input mode: allows text input into Boxee (hardware keyboards supported)
* Other functions: toggle fullscreen, suspend
* Media information: title, artist, season/episode, duration, summary, thumbnail etc.
* Hardware keys supported (up, down, left, right, select, vol up, vol down)
* Automatic pause on phone call or SMS
* Automatic discovery of the machine running Boxee (manual configuration is also possible)
How to use it:
* First step is to inform in program settings the address (IP or host name) of the machine where Boxee is running on. Alternatively use the “Discover” command and the remote will try to locate it (see note below).
* Press “Mode” to alternate between the three available ways to control Boxee: Navigation, Play or Input.
* Click thumbnail to obtain more information about the media currently playing.
* Discovery function is still unstable. If it does not work, click on “Discover” again to cancel the operation and then enter the server address manually in program settings. If commands still do not work, check if Boxee’s webserver is active (program settings).